Self reflection period.

Hello :)

so...........i just wanna express a few things that has been on my mind lately.

First of all...

It's really hard not to submit to the pressure of society.

I think i've finally got to that stage of my life where what society thinks of me actually affects me. The hardest part of being a teenager, or in fact, the hardest part of anybody's life.

I look around at all my friends and compare every single one of them with myself. All of them are pretty, and some of them have boyfriends, I have or am neither. Most of them are smarter than me, when I myself am struggling everyday to absorb all the information being thrown at me all at once.

It's sort of like dodgeball: Everyone throws balls at you at a high speed, and they keep throwing it at you repeatedly. No matter how good you are at dodging to evade the ball, eventually, one ball will catch you off guard and hit you right smack in the face.

That ball, is the sudden realization that wakes you up and, makes you see things in a whole new angle. Whether seeing things in that new angle is positive, or negative, it all depends on you.

You see, what i've come to realize over the past few years is this: Mind over matter. Simple. It all depends on the way you think. If you think negative things, negative stuff are more likely to happen. However, if you think positive, and keep moving forward with a big ass grin on your face, things will be better for you. Sure, Allah will hurl challenges at you once in a while, but only because he loves you, and he wants to make you a better person, and the challenges he gives you have an important lesson you have to learn.

If you keep thinking negatively, the cause of it is something you do so often, that sometimes it's hard for you to think positively because the brain keeps playing around with the negative ideas like failure, or disappointment. That, my friends, is called overthinking.

Over thinking is an asshole.


Yup, i said it.


Over thinking, over analyzing situations and thinking too much of the negative things that could happen is just mean and cruel and it just brings your whole spirit down.


So, what's the point?


What's the point of over thinking and MAKING yourself sad and down?


Right! THERE IS NO POINT!


SO make a change, don't think negative! It's hard at first but after you just focus on the positive, everything else will just fall into place! :)


I'm trying to think positive too...but like i said. It's hard. But you know, like i mentioned earlier: Mind Over Matter! :D

A separate matter now, so if you're bored and don't want to read my personal ramblings then you may leave heh.

I have this problem, i'm not sure whether it is a problem or not, but i can't speak very well. I mean, I don't really...I can't voice out my opinions confidently. Most of the time I don't even have the guts to state what i think.


Which is why I love writing. Because i get to say so much more than i have the guts to say.

Maybe, sometimes, that's a bad thing. But if i use in the right, and positive way, it's a good thing, right?



My goal is to get Top 5 for March Test. I really have to. And i want to do it on my own.



:(



:)




POSITIVE THINKING!!!!!!




Fuish, i'm exhausted. This Sunday is the seminar and performance. To be honest I'm not scared for the performance, however, i am somewhat scared for the seminar? I have this bad feeling that something bad will happen there...



but pOSITIVE THINKING.



(see this shiz is hard)



Anyhoo, goodbye for now! i'll probably update after Sunday :p adios!




Comments

  1. good luck for tomorrow! and school! i'm sure you'll do great :) and try not to think too much. and it's ok to not voice out your opinions, there are others who do that; like me. i don't really voice mine out of fear. i'm just scared that i'll get into some argument with someone who is highly opinionated and that i'll look super stupid next to that person. therefore, ipso facto, i don't talk about my opinions as much. so... try not to worry about it too much coz the world needs more listeners anyway. remember perks of being a wallflower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p/s it's not really bad to think too much since it's a sign that you actually care. but be careful not to overdo it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blink

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It's the moments that take your breath away."